WEO Clininal Endoscopy Atlas: Presentation and Instructions for use
The WEO Clinical Endoscopy Atlas on-line is an initiative proposing to the gastroenterologists the access to a database of endoscopic and radiological images: this Atlas is realized with the contribution of pictures sent by endoscopists.
The aims of the WEO Atlas on-line are to create a dynamic database of endoscopic and radiological images for clinical consultation, to access to rare images, for updating on specific diseases or endoscopic techniques, and for educational purposes.
The features of the WEO Atlas on-line are the following:
- It is Internet based: the access is throughout the WEO website
- The endoscopic and radiological images can be retrieved consulting the database by using key words belonging to the Minimal Standard Terminology of the WEO Committee.
- Presently the Atlas is operating only for upper and lower g.i. tract.
- Images can be proposed for the Atlas, through Internet connection, by an insertion page using the terms of the Minimal Standard Terminology of the WEO as descriptors of the characteristics of the picture.
- An Editorial Board will accept or refuse contributions sent.
- The images of the Atlas can be used only for scientific purposes; the Author and the source must be reported.